23 awesome gifs some redditors want you to stop using
But they're still awesome.
Here is the current list, which I am trying to back-source as I write this, which will be the actual point of a follow up post about tracking gifs down (otherwise I'd feel guilty).
Update: IT IS HARD! If you want to chime in with some information before I finish backtracking, be my guest).
The overused gifs are:
Better than the "sketti" gifs, I guess.
(via Tumblr, traced back to at least last year, when the show was peaking)
The gif mashup 'Mythbusters' walrus gif was posted on Imgur at least 2 years ago.
Also, Walruses cannot play saxophones. MYTH BUSTED!
(via Photobucket, with 4Gifs.com watermark)
3. Colbert dancing behind man in suit.
The man in suit is Barney Frank, then a Congressman, appearing on "The Colbert Report"'s in November 2005 after Colbert's second "Better Know A District" segment, originally airing Oct. 25, 2005.
4. Colbert techno/rave dance
Many a dubstep track has been mashed with this.
5. Bane dancing
(via Imgur, with senorgif.com watermark) The Batman would not nod at this.
6. Neil Patrick Harris and Elmo
Yes that's NPH with Elmo. True story.
(via Imgur, from Sesame Street.)
7. Fresh Prince Will Smith dancing in bedroom with drummer
8. Preacher turns into a jet
9. Camping WASP family wearing Snuggies.
10. Spider-man dancing
60's Spider-man would probably say some nasty things about this.
11. Dancing two-man zebra
12. Obama and Romney headbanging
13. Patrick on a pony ride
14. Colin Mochrie raptor dance
15. Cartoon bird & raccoon Snoop dance
16. Dr. Who in the rain
17. Obi-Wan blue screen drive
18. Miguel playing guitar
Can be mashed with any Mumford & Sons song.
19. Middle-aged man and woman disco dancing
20. Ned Flanders freaking out
(This one goes back to at least 2011 as well), mashed most time with Daft Punk's "Technologic."
21. Older man moving eyebrows
22. Chubby shirtless boy dancing
(via Imgur, with 4gifs.com watermark)
23. Batman and Robin head nod.
At least they're not running away from things.
All the way to the end?
Now, play this as you scroll back up.
This post is also a test to see if or when this post gets ripped off somewhere else. And, yes, I'm channelling my inner Buzzfeed, but I'm trying to see how hard it would be to have one of its posts sourced all the way to the original, which might be time-prohibitive or impossible.